Development vision and characteristics
Unite University Glass and Fiber Materials Research Center Development Vision
"Unite University Glass and Fiber Materials Research Center" is one of the joint university-level research centers. It was established in the 1990s. Its main task is to inherit the experience of glass materials education and research in the past 30 years, and to bring together resources inside and outside the school. We are committed to improving the domestic glass-related technology and research and development capabilities, and strengthening our country's competitiveness in glass materials science and industry. The planning and operation of the Glass and Fiber Materials Research Center has always adhered to the following development goals:
(1) Implementation of forward-looking glass materials research
(2) Coordinating professors in domestic relations and jointly implementing large-scale long-range integration projects
(3) Setting up large-scale forward-looking and common R&D and testing equipment
(4) Assist in the training of glass professional or cross-disciplinary talents
(5) Promote international exchanges and enhance the domestic research capacity of glass
Throughout the world's advanced countries, such as Europe, the United States and Japan, its research in glass materials technology has been spared no effort, from traditional architecture or glass for people's livelihood, to the recently widely used functionalities in optoelectronics, biomedical and energy related products. Glass, all put a lot of manpower and material resources. However, in contrast to Taiwan, glass has always been a neglected part. The glass industry has been limited to the processing and application of traditional flat glass. Until recent years, due to the rise of the display industry, the application of glass in the photovoltaic industryproduction was only gradually attention. The establishment of this center is an important milestone. It shoulders the resources of integrating domestic production, government and research, and builds a bridge with international exchanges, in order to boost China's competitiveness in glass research and industry.
The center is composed of teachers from the department's interdisciplinary department. It combines researchers in the fields of materials, optoelectronics, machinery, chemicals, engineering and construction. It has 4 laboratories (optical fiber process laboratory, glass process laboratory, glass property analysis). Laboratory (1), glass property analysis laboratory (2), etc.). Under the efforts of the research team, in recent years, the Ministry of Economic Affairs, the National Science Council, the Ministry of Education and other units have received funding subsidies, conducting research on advanced glass materials, accumulating strong experience and databases, and constructing complete glass processes and Detection and analysis equipment. In terms of industrial cooperation, it also tutors related glass and optical communication manufacturers to conduct industry-university cooperation or technology transfer. In the talent training section, in addition to the materials department, the engineering department and the architecture department in the school, the "Green Glass Design Management Course" was established to cultivate cross-disciplinary glass talents; the center also organizes seminars from time to time to enhance Communication with people in related fields, absorbing industry and academic new knowledge.
In the future, we will strengthen cooperation with internationally renowned glass research institutions, absorb more glass technology and experience, and enable our research in the field of glass to be in line with the world. In the future, we plan to promote research results to the industry and become the glass industry in Taiwan. Inject new patterns.
The center features
- The only cross-disciplinary research center in China that uses glass materials and optical fibers as the research theme.
- The only academic unit manufacturing glass fiber and special fiber capacity, the center obtained the "optical fiber communication Spinning patent "and" rod tube special legal process has been successful technology transfer to domestic manufacturers.
- Only domestic research and development with high temperature refractory development and application experience
- The only teaching unit for professional training of glass materials in China
- The self-designed and produced small-flow glass kiln with slope flow has the function of improving defoaming and homogenization, and has obtained the patent of our country.
- The invention discloses a method for improving the fluorescence intensity of an oxide glass, and the obtained patent has been transferred to a domestic factory.
- The invention of " low melting point infrared shielding glass formula and manufacturing " has been patented and successfully transferred to the domestic factory.
- Has developed a new innovation of slip casting techniques gel (Gel-casting), can be used for producing high-purity quartz glass silicon device element of production, and has been of Patent
- It has already won the key production equipment and has invented the ultra-high-yield phosphate glass fiber for optical amplifier, and has obtained the patent of China.
- Has owned (including application) more than ten glass formulas, processes and application patents, and has established a cooperation model with domestic manufacturers.
- It has the complete ability to design and manufacture components for optical communication glass and advanced optical glass.
- It can cooperate with domestic demand for optical communication industry and optoelectronics and flat panel display industry in the development of new materials and mathematical simulation technology.
- Optical fiber and advanced glass materials are one of the most suitable courses for cross-domain integration. They will provide materials, optoelectronics, machinery, motors, chemicals, environmental protection, construction, etc.
- The relevant department conducts integrated research and development plans.